Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in New Orleans, Louisiana
We at Nola @ Home Care understand the challenges faced by families of loved ones with long-term diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, and other age-related memory loss. Our Metairie based Senior Care Services company exists today because our family was impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease. We thrive to We have experience navigating a wide variety of illnesses and understand that person-centered care and great communication are critical to ensuring a successful home care experience.
Our Memory Care Plan
Person-centered care is establishing a care plan the is centered on the specifics of the client. Our goal is always to co-author the care plan with the family to ensure the highest standards of personalized in-home senior care. We gather this information through our home care assessment process. During a memory care assessment, several members of our office staff will come out to the home, hospital or facility. This is our opportunity learn the client’s needs, expectation of care, what has been successful in the past and what we should expect in the future. We will also use this time to begin building rapport and a relationship with the client and/or family.
Why Choose NOLA @ Home Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care?
- The most qualified Care Professionals. Our handpicked caregivers are experienced in Alzheimer’s and dementia care and will walk beside you and your loved one every step of the way.
- A customized care plan and activity plan. Our plans are co-authored with your family after careful analysis of your loved one’s abilities, interests, health needs and cognitive function. These plans are revisited and updated regularly.
- Family support. NOLA @ Home Care goes beyond simply providing caregivers. We also support family members in their care journey with their loved one by providing information and tips on dementia care as well as connections to local resources that may be of help. We are thankful to have help a countless number of families in the greater New Orleans area navigate unique situations involving not only in-home Senior Care services but also offer guidance with Home Health and Hospice/Respite care services.
- A flexible approach. We support and guide family members in providing as much or as little caregiving support as desired, when and where you need it. Caring for an elderly loved one can be a short or long term commitment and our flexibility can allow us to support your families unique senior care needs.
- Technology - NOLA @ Home Care uses the latest technology for creating a care plan for each client that is tailored to their needs and adapts to needs as changes occur.
- Service Area - We cover a large services area in Greater New Orleans, including Metairie, Gretna, Kenner, etc.
In addition to great service our company is committed to fighting the battle against Alzheimer’s. Our commitment starts at our ownership level. Brian Flaherty has been an active part of the Alzheimer's Association since before the company existed. He has held several committee leadership roles, served as the Annual Walk Chairperson and as a Congressional Ambassador. He is currently the longest standing member of the New Orleans walk committee and will continue his efforts to support the Alzheimer’s Association for many years to come.