Seniors can often find the change to an assisted living community or nursing home too stressful and overwhelming. 24-hour care keeps your loved one comfortable in their own home.
Nola @ Home Care provides 24-hour care in the New Orleans and Metairie area. We will put together a person-centered care plan focused on your loved one’s goals. We realize that every person has different needs and personalities. Therefore, we coordinate a dedicated care team to provide care to meet the specific needs of your loved one. We will assign a lead caregiver to be the point person that will assist with a variety of tasks such as: grocery lists, prescription refills, manage doctor’s appointments, keep inventory of gloves and other care supplies.
Our office staff with also play a major role in ensuring the highest levels of care and comfort. During our initial in-home assessment several members of our office staff will come out and review the details of care. We will also discuss family goals of 24-hour care and learn about personality of the person receiving care which is critical to ensuring a great care team match. We understand that care needs change regularly which is why we stay in constant communication with our care team.
How does 24 Hour care work?
After the assessment meeting is complete, we begin the care professional selection process. Our office staff will look at the individual needs for the client and we will identify the trained care professionals on our roster then start to design the Care Team. The Care Team will consist of care providers that can work several 12 hour shifts throughout each week. Generally, we conduct shift change on 24 hour cases at 7am and 7pm but we can be flexible if needed. The Care team will be the primary providers of care and ideally they will be the only providers of care as they are the most familiar with the needs of the client/family.
Can round the clock care be a temporary solution?
Absolutely. 24 hour care can be a temporary solution. In many cases we are hired only on a temporary basis due to a recent hospital discharge or while a client is still rehabilitating.
Will my Insurance cover 24 hour care?
It depends on what type of insurance the client has. Most health insurance will not cover In-Home Senior Care services however we encourage everyone to ask their provider. We do work with every major Long-Term Insurance provider which generally does cover Department of Health Licensed Home Care providers. Do not hesitate to call us at 504-605-3993 with any questions.
We can assist our clients with Activities of Daily Living which include:
- Personal Care –assists with all aspects of personal care such as eating, bathing, grooming, toileting, and dressing.
- Emotional Care – one of our most basic needs as human beings is real, authentic, and meaningful connections with other people. Our care team professionals are compassionate and will treat your loved one as a unique individual.
- Memory Care - treating people with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other age-related memory care diseases.
- Household Care – as our loved ones age the will need assistance with daily activities such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc.
- Personalized Care – every moment of the day will be prioritized with your loved ones needs and goals in mind. The one on one care that 24-hour care provides means the caregiver will not be distracted by other responsibilities.
- Maintain lifestyle – caregivers will help your loved one maintain their everyday lifestyles at home. It is important they remain in familiar surroundings to prevent them from getting depressed. In addition, the caregivers provide companionship and interaction which is extremely important to the elderly.
- Friends and family support and participation – 24-hour care will allow you and your family more access to your loved one, so you can spend more quality time in a familiar setting.
- Peace of mind – In addition to the personalized care your loved one will receive; your family will be having peace or mind knowing their loved one is in good hands.
There are many benefits that come with 24-hour care. If you would like more information about the services we offer click here contact us or we can be reached at 504-605-3993.